The Exercise Referall Programme at Kings Fitness & Leisure is not just an exercise programme to recover from injuries or illnesses. Health and Fitness is all about feeling comfortable and at home when you are potentially pushing your body through barriers you might not be used to. We love the fact that our programme is just as much about being social as it is being active.
We will not only give you an exercise programme to suit you, but we will also welcome you to the Kings Fitness family, where you will meet new people and form new social groups. Enjoy a coffee in our pool viewing area, go on one of our social gatherings or simply have a chat to one of the team! It will be great to help you on your fitness adventure, and it starts here! Please read more about the programme, and give us a call. We will take you step by step through the process!
Exercise Referral Co-ordinator
HOW THE SCHEME WORKS
Our scheme works in partnership with local GP surgeries and other Health Care Professionals. If you have a medical condition or a need for exercise intervention you can be reffered to the Exercise Referral Scheme at Kings Fitness & Leisure via your GP, nurse or other Registered Health Professional. Once referred, Sara will set an individual and appropriate exercise programme to meet you needs.
- Visit your local GP or Health Care Professional and ask for information about the scheme.
- If your medical professional considers you to be a suitable candidate, your details will be forwarded to Kings Fitness & Leisure.
- Kings Fitness & Leisure will phone you to book an appointment.
- Attend the appointment and get a programme tailored to your needs.
- Take part in the acitivity and feel the rewards.
BENEFITS OF THE SCHEME
- A safe introduction to exercise within a safe environment
- Qualified instructors who are aware of your own personal needs
- A chance to meet new people
- Improve health and mobility
- Increased sense of well-being
Chance to participate in social events
Our friendly team of Health and Fitness professionals will devise a fitness programme just for you. You will also have the opportunity to discuss positive changes which will contribute towards a healthier and more active lifestyle.
Our scheme safely helps to improve fitness, quality of life and in some cases reduce the need for medication.
WHAT ACTIVITIES CAN I PARTICIPATE IN?
We offer a 12-week unlimited pass at reduced rate, including:
Cardiac Rehab Phase IV
- Cancer Rehab
Over 40 Fitness Classes
Christmas Meal 2015, Wedmore Golf Club